Walking Dead Experience


  • So for me, I’ve seen the Telltale’s The Walking Dead series quite a few times, but playing it just brings it all back for me. Before this game, I had never played or seen an interactive game like the Telltale’s The Walking Dead at all. I was used to games that allow the player to make decisions, but solely on how you play the game (i.e. committing certain actions/attacks, picking up certain items, talking to certain people, etc.) and not games that give you decisions, then have the decisions that player made directly affect the story line of the game. From the start of the game when Lee is in the back of the cop car and asked by the cop a question, I was immediately drawn by the fact that I had multiple options to choose from.
  • Also, I was drawn to the fact that you had limited time to make a decision so it forces the player to stay engaged; otherwise, there could be negative consequences to not making a decision. In addition to that, I thought that this game would be just picking decisions and watching things happen, but there wouldn’t be any real game play in terms of controlling characters. However, I was very happy when I saw that you can control characters in the game, explore the environment, kill zombies, etc. So now, this game is more than just picking decisions and developing the story as you go along, but there’s game play as well which adds to the interactive nature of the game. As you can see, I’m becoming a fan of the game rather quickly.
  • Finally, the aspect of the game that caught me off guard the most and really made me love the game, was the attachment I was able to build with the characters. I developed such an attachment to the characters involved in the story, that seeing the game again, brings back all the emotions and memories I created from the first time I saw the game.

Comments

Popular Posts